Vegan Lava Cake (Keto)
Molten Lava Cake is perfect for you if you love chocolate! So rich, fudge, decadent, luscious, and delicious! The recipe is vegan (dairy-free and egg-free), gluten-free, and easy to prepare!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
• 1 cup lightly full (100g) oats (ground into flour) gluten-free if needed (*see notes)
• 7 tablespoons (50 g) ground almonds (see recipe notes)
• 5 1/2 tablespoons (70 g) brown sugar or coconut sugar
• 3 tablespoons (20 g) cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• a pinch of salt
• 2/3 cup (160 ml) vegetable milk
• 1 small banana (80 g) (see recipe notes)
• 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1.5 oz (40 g) selected dairy-free chocolate (see recipe notes)
1. I recommend using a kitchen scale for this recipe. Also check out the video in the blog post for visual instructions.
2. Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C) and grease 1 large (5 1/2" diameter) or 4 small bowls (you can also use silicone muffin pans or aluminum muffin pans or cups).
3. Process all dry ingredients in a food processor or blender.
4. Add the wet ingredients and mix again until blended.
5. Pour the mixture into the crab and put the chocolate in the middle.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If you are using small molds, the baking time will be about 15 minutes.
7. Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the mold. Enjoy!
• Oats: Simply process the oats in a blender or electric coffee/spice grinder until you have flour.
Flour Substitute: One reader reported that whole wheat flour works great in place of oatmeal.
• Almonds: You can use unsweetened shredded coconut (or ground coconut flakes) instead of ground almonds (almond flour).
• Banana: 1/3 cup of apple juice may be a good substitute for bananas.
• Chocolate: It depends on the type of chocolate whether you have a lava-like liquid center or not. I have successfully used dairy-free chocolate chips. Here's how: Melt 30 grams of dairy-free chocolate chips with 1/2 tablespoon of coconut milk in a double boiler and pour the mixture into a silicone muffin pan. Place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm. Then use it like regular chocolate.
• The recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts per serving.
vegan lava cake
Amount per service
330 calories from fat 117
% Daily Value*
Fat 13 g 20%
carbohydrates 42 g 14%
Fiber 8 g 32%
Sugar 23 g 26%
Protein 8 g 16%