Peanut Butter Vegan Mousse (Keto)
Peanut butter mousse is light, airy, and creamy. This delicate, dairy-free dessert literally melts in your mouth. The recipe is easy to prepare using only 6 simple ingredients, it is gluten-free and can be made nut-free and refined sugar-free.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time 0 minutes
Cold time 1 hour
Total time 1 hour 15 minutes
• Hand Mixer *
• 6 ounces (170 g) firm tofu, drained (*see notes)
• a small banana (*see notes)
• 1/2 cup (120 g) creamy peanut butter (*see notes)
• 3 tablespoons (60 g) maple syrup (*see notes)
• 1/3 to 1/2 cup (100 ml) aquafaba from a 15-ounce can of chickpeas
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice or lemon juice
1. Add the silken tofu, banana, peanut butter, and maple syrup to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Put the container in the refrigerator.
2. To prepare the aquafaba, simply drain the chickpea water into a large, clean mixing bowl (see step-by-step photos in the blog post above). You will need 1/3 to 1/2 cup (100 ml) of chickpea water. Do not use more and discard or freeze the rest for later use.
3. Beat the aquafaba with an electric hand mixer or hand mixer. Add lemon juice (or lime juice) after about 8 minutes and whisk until stiff peaks. It takes about 10 minutes in total. If you can flip the mixing bowl, you can stop mixing. If not, continue for a few more minutes.
4. Gently fold the aquafaba into the peanut butter mixture using a spoon.
5. Then pour the mousse into 2 or 4 small clean jars and place in the refrigerator to set, preferably overnight. You can also freeze mousse for about an hour! Decorate with dairy-free chocolate and enjoy chilling! Check out the recipe notes below for alternatives.
• For a soy-free version, try soy-free vegan cheese. Read the blog post above for more helpful tips.
• If you don't like bananas, leave them out and use vegan cheese instead!
• I used creamy, unsweetened peanut butter. You can use almond butter or any other nut butter. Use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version.
• You can use different sweeteners such as date syrup, malt syrup, agave syrup, etc.
• The recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts per serving.
Peanut butter vegan mousse
Amount per service
276 calories from fat 153
% Daily Value*
Fat 17 g 26%
Saturated fat 4 g 20%
carbohydrates 24 g 8%
Fiber 3g 12%
Sugar 16 g 18%
Protein 10g 20%