Smoking Causes and Effects
Smoking is considered the most dangerous human habit that affects human psychological and physical health, and its impact extends on the social level with the friends and family of the smoker.
On the health side, smoking is considered the most common cause of heart attacks or strokes.
Smoking may lead to very serious diseases, such as lung, laryngeal, or oral cancer, and the effect of passive smoking extends to high blood pressure and peripheral arterial disease.
Below we show you the most 8 dangerous health diseases caused by smoking:
1) Smoking increases the risk of developing the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) :
Smoking, with the passage of its addiction for years, leads to the destruction of the so-called functional units in the lung, and this leads to damage to the basic function of the lung, which is the process of breathing, which results in several effects, the most important of which is bronchitis, which leads to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
2) Smokers are more likely to get cancer
Lung cancer is the most popular among smokers, as the risk of lung cancer increases with the increase in the number of cigarettes smoked per day in the long run, as smoking one pack of cigarettes per day increases the risk of lung cancer 25 times after approximately 30 years.
3) Heart disease and heart attacks caused by smoking addiction
The negative impact of smoking extends to the risk of heart disease, and it has been scientifically proven that the risk of a heart attack in smokers is twice that of the average person.
4) The health impact of smoking extends to pregnancy and fertility
It was found healthy and aware that the risk of smoking for pregnant women is a negative risk, as pregnant women who smoke give birth to children of less weight and the fetuses during pregnancy are smaller than they are, and thus the rate of abortion increases.
5) The effect of smoking on aesthetic health
The effect of smoking on a person’s beauty and aesthetic health, so that their teeth are yellow over time and turn brown, and you also find that smokers do not care most of about oral hygiene.
6) Smoking also leads to the formation of wrinkles and the formation of yellow spots on the skin and nails and wrinkles appear on the skin, which accelerates aging and appears as if you are less than your real age.
7) Smoking affects the basic function of the liver
The main function of the liver is to get rid of toxins that may enter the body, and since smoking means the entry of millions of harmful chemical components into the body, the most important of which is nicotine or exaggeration. Completely eliminating toxins and thus weakening liver function, weakening the immune system.
8) Ulcerative colitis is one of the diseases caused by smoking
Ulcerative colitis is one of the diseases caused by smoking, which leads to disease of the mucous membrane of the colon and rectum and causes great pain in the abdomen and may lead to other complications such as diarrhea or bleeding, and the smoker may suffer from this disease even after quitting smoking for 20 years.